Guy Fawkes Quotes can let us understand the thoughts of Guy Fawkes about the Gunpowder Treason and his intentions behind it. The problem with the quotes of Guy Fawkes is that there are only two authentic quotes associated to Guy Fawkes, all other quotes are either Quotes about Guy Fawkes or from the movie of Alan Moore ‘V for Vendetta‘.
In this collection of all Guy Fawkes quotes, we are going to list the best quotes from all the categories so that you can have the best resource on the Guy Fawkes Quotes present on the Internet.
So, let the list begins.
Guy Fawkes Quotes – The Ultimate Collection of Bonfire Night Quotes
1. “A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.” – Guy Fawkes
This is one of the two most popular quotes of Guy Fawkes. In this quote, Guy Fawkes is talking about the disease of hate and oppression by the rulers on the ruled of a different faith.
You can learn more about the times of Guy Fawkes and why he did what he did on this Guy Fawkes Night 2018 Page.
2. “…to blow you, Scotch beggars, back to your native mountains.” – Guy Fawkes
This is the second of the most popular quotes of Guy Fawkes. This famous line was uttered by Guy Fawkes in response to one of the lords question about what Guy Fawkes intended to do with such a large amount of explosives.
Quotes about Guy Fawkes – 2018 Collection
In this section of Guy Fawkes quotes, we are going to list all the quotes attributed about Guy Fawkes. In this collection comes the thoughts and impressions of important people about Guy Fawkes.
3. Remember, remember, the 5th of November The Gunpowder Treason and plot; I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason Should ever be forgot.
This line is included in the famous Guy Fawkes Poem which is also included the movie “V for Vendetta”.
4. Of all the plots and conspiracies that ever entered into the mind of man, the Gunpowder plot stands pre-eminent in horror and wickedness. The singular perseverance of the conspirators is shown by the fact, that so early as in Lent of the year 1603, Robert Catesby, who appears to have been the prime mover of the plot, in a conversation with Thomas Wintour and John Wright, first broke with them about a design for delivering England from her bondage, and to replant the Catholic religion.
This is another important quote about Guy Fawkes and his plan to blow up the House of Lords. This takes us back to the first mention of the famous Gun Powder Treason and one of the most thrilling treasons in the history of England.
5. Guy Fawkes was a man of desperate character. In his person he was tall and athletic, his countenance was manly, and the determined expression of his features was not a little heightened by a profusion of brown hair, and an auburn-colored beard. He was descended from a respectable family in Yorkshire, and having soon squandered the property he inherited at the decease of his father, his restless spirit associated itself with the discontented and factious of his age.
6. Vote Guy Fawkes — The Only Man Ever To Enter Parliament With Honest Intentions
Guy Fawkes Quotes – Alan Moore – V for Vendetta
7. Hate was all I knew. It built my world, imprisoned me.. Taught me how to eat, how to drink, how to breathe.”
8. Remember the idea, not the man. Because a man can fail; he can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten. But a hundred years later, an idea can still change the world. – V for Vendetta – Guy Fawkes Quotes
9. People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. – Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us. But within that inch, we are free. – Guy Fawkes Quotes by Alan Moore
10. You wear a mask for so long you forget who you were beneath it. – Guy Fawkes
11. Behind this mask, there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea… and ideas are bulletproof. – V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes Quotes
12. “Everybody is special. Everybody. Everybody is a hero, a lover, a fool, a villain. Everybody. Everybody has their story to tell.”
13. “Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.”
14. “Since mankind’s dawn, a handful of oppressors have accepted the responsibility over our lives that we should have accepted for ourselves. By doing so, they took our power. By doing nothing, we gave it away. We’ve seen where their way leads, through camps and wars, towards the slaughterhouse.”
15. “Love your rage, not your cage.”
16. “They say that life’s a game, & then they take the board away.”
17. “Happiness is a prison, Evey. Happiness is the most insidious prison of all.”
18. “Authority, when first detecting chaos at its heels, will entertain the vilest schemes to save its orderly facade.”
19. “I didn’t put you in a prison, Evey. I just showed you the bars.”
― Alan Moore, V for Vendetta
20. “Our masters have not heard the people’s voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.”
21. “Let me show you firmness of my belief.”
22. “When Injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes the duty.”
In conclusion, I would like to share the last Guy Fawkes Quotes in this ultimate collection of quotes about Guy Fawkes. It expresses the power of an Idea and what it can do for an individual, a family, the people, a nation!.
23. “We are told to remember the idea and not the man. Because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten. But 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I have witnessed firsthand the power of ideas. I’ve seen people kill in the name of them. But you cannot kiss an idea… cannot touch it or hold it.
Ideas do not bleed. They do not feel pain. They do not love. And it is not an idea that I miss. It is a man.
A man that made me remember the 5th of November. A man that I will never forget.”